Friday, May 28, 2010

Been a long time

It sure has been a long time! I have been so busy between John's medical discharge, the kids, and iCare. I thought it would be a good time to update this old blog.

It looks like we should be out of the Army come early August. John is now in a wheel chair, and the Doctors say there is nothing else they can do. So it's time to get back on the moving train for State number 8 since 02. I counted houses the other day, and Moses has lived in 16, 7 States in 12 years; Andrew 14, and 7 States in 9 years; Hailey 11 houses, 6 States in 6 years; An Elijah will live in his 3rd State in his 2 years of life! At least now maybe life will be more stable. I will really miss the Army Wife life. I will especially miss my fellow Army wives, as we have such a special bond. If you are a military spouse, I am sure you know the bond I am talking about.

In other news, iCare has raised over $10,000!!!! That does not include the fundraising for Plaid, as well as the Army Christmas family. That is just amazing to me! I would have NEVER guessed it would be so successful! In fact, last month iCare collected nearly $1,000 in less than 24 hours!

I am also happy to announce that it is Julie's 1 year "cancerversary"! One year ago today, she got the dreaded call about her stage IIIc, triple negative breast cancer. She courageous began the battle of chemo, radiation, double mastectomy, lyphodemia therapy, and reconstruction. She lost her hair, but kept her sense of humor. She is one of the biggest heros in my life, and I am proud to call her my best friend! Or shall I say "breast buddy"? :oP

I will try to keep you better updated, it is just hard trying to juggle everything else daily. At least it will be something interesting to write about when I turn 80!

Until then, keep classy San Diego! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment