Friday, January 23, 2009

My Bee Hive aka Bra

You have to love Arizona and its weather. Not even February and its in the 70's. The flowers are still in bloom which welcomes the bees. I remember during the summer my friend Holly was killing literally HUNDREDS of bees. Becoming concerned that there may be a hive in close proximity of her home she called housing. Proudly pointing out the pile of dead bees to the maintenance man, she was swiftly told that the extermination of bees in the State of Arizona is illegal. Who ever passed that law never has had the experience of what I am about to explain-

Two days ago I made my usual friendly exchange of gossip at the bus stop. A friend of mine pointed out that the bees were out in full force. I told her that I only once was stung which was in 1st grade and was sure the pain was nothing as I recalled. We parted ways, and another friend pulled up to talk to me. During our in-depth discussion of Johns walker she interrupted by whispering, "You have a bee on your neck." Panicking I brushed the left side and as luck would have it, it was on the right. For a minute I thought it was gone.... until I looked down my shirt, and like an entrapped bear in a small cage there was the bee. It was wedged in between my breast and my bra. I began jumping, screaming and flashing the outdoors like an intoxicated girl at Mardi Gras. It seemed like forever until I saw the disoriented bee fly away.

It didn't hurt at first. I thought I had escaped injury. Before I knew it my entire boob began to burn and throb. I rushed home to see if John could find the stinger but low-and-behold his Command was there for a visit! "How am I going to explain this with his superior here?" I thought. Luckily he was on his way out. We never did find the stinger. I am sure it was camouflaged in the blood blister. I do have one theory though- I am guessing I was not stung by the standard honey bee. I am guessing it was a boo-bee!

On another note- That same afternoon after I had removed my "bee hive", a man knocked on the door and presented a badge. I invited him in and he asks, "I can see you run a daycare!" Ummmmmm..... not-so-much. They're all mine! **sigh**

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Diana! I'm excited to follow it and drive you nuts with lots of comments :?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I feel for your "boo-bee" ;)

    ReplyDelete