Saturday, January 24, 2009

To Stang. Or not to Stang. That is the question?


Growing up I have always been intrigued by classic cars. It is a family tradition. Every year my step father put his cars into Hot August Nights ( www.hotaugustnights.net ) which is a 7 day party in Reno, NV. Last year we took a vacation to Reno during our PCS from Bragg to Fort Huachuca. It was Johns first time experiencing such an event and he was hooked! I think that is all I heard on our 2 day trip. I want a car, I need a car, cry cry cry.

Today on craigslist I decided I would check out the car section since we are in the market for a new one. My car has become a driveway ornament. I hope and pray everyday that an illegal immigrant will come and find it to be wonderful free transportation and with a little help of a screwdriver in the ignition they could drive it far, far away.

So, we are off to look at a 1969 Mustang I found today. It needs a little cosmetic work, but what a find! We will be giving her a down on it tomorrow if it is a go. That means that I get the new car (Chrysler) and John gets the old car (Mustang). With Johns back, I probably will be its mechanic, problem is I dropped out of auto shop in high school 3 days in. I joined for the boys, but hated the fact that the teacher called me Carpenter (my maiden name).

Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment