Friday, January 30, 2009

Thank You Mr. Coldeze Maker Man!


If I had a dime for every time someone in this family has had a cold this winter, I'd be one wealthy woman! It's the same routine every time- it goes from child 1 to child 2, 3 and 4. It repeats itself like the directions on a shampoo bottle. Round and round it goes, where it ends...no one knows!

So far I had been lucky. The moment I get a tingle in my sinus', I pop a coldeze. Well, until yesterday and I felt TERRIBLE! My head throbbed, my throat burned, and my body felt like I was trampled by a herd of elephants. I thought that I didn't start my coldeze in time. Well, this morning I woke up and feel like a million bucks!! The only lingering symptom is a headache when I bend over! YAY!! Thank you wonderful coldeze maker man. Thank you!

In other news, Mr. Elijah still has a cold. I have suctioned his nose so much his mucus is tainted with blood! Poor little guy! If he feels a little like I did yesterday, he must be miserable. Since they changed the rules for the administration of cold medicine for infants (or lack of), there is not much I can do to make him feel any better.

Andrew has a field trip today! He is going to a nature museum in Tucson. He is so excited, he was awake before I was this morning. It is an all day field trip. This school appears to have more field trips then most, which really pleases the kids! I am really hoping that Ms. Lee remembered to bring along Andrews Epi-pen. I was meaning to call her this morning to remind her and totally forgot.

I am off now to do some grocery shopping. I am trying to strategies this adventure since Elijahs car seat is not capable of connecting to the grocery cart like most. I normally have to put the car seat in the cart at stores, however that won't be possible this time because that will leave little to no room for the groceries. Perhaps he can try sitting in the "big kid" seat that is built in, I just hate to have him exposed to more germs! I want a healthy house for once. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment