Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mr. Virus man, please go away!

It has happened. Hailey officially has this nasty virus that has been visiting each of our family members! She is so sick! The poor thing has been sporting a fever of 102 since yesterday. She is a little perkier this morning but as the school rules state, she will not be going to school tomorrow. I can't wait until summer time so that we can have a healthy house for once! It is so hard not to pass this on as soon as Elijah has it. Unfortunately he cannot cover his mouth when he coughs, and like all babies has a pass time of spreading drool throughout the house.

Today is the National holiday of junk food consumption.... The famous Super Bowl! I am not keen to watching football, or any sport for that matter. I do enjoy the food and the commercials though. This year we won't be hosting a party which disappoints me. Last year we had a large one with lots of food! In fact, I didn't watch much of the game because of the position I held as hostess. I did record it onto the DVR however never got back around to watching it. Our menu this year is as follows-

Chips and dip
Little Smokies
tortilla swirl sandwich thingies (not sure of the name)
Chicken Wings

We were invited over to the neighbors but their "parenting style" is not like ours and don't want to introduce the kids to "Bar language 101". There have been times that I have been tempted to call the police on these people! I have been out front a few times and have heard them yell at the 3 year old, "Get you own F-ing water!!! Lay the F down!!!" It really takes a whole lot to shock me, but that has been over the top! Different strokes for different folks like they say! The day my bra became a beehive is the day an investigator came over to conduct a background check on that neighbor. It turns out he is applying to become an agent with the border patrol. Interesting, I wonder if he knows his language of choice in Spanish?

No comments:

Post a Comment