Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When luck goes bad....

These last couple of days are finally getting to my boiling point. Where do I begin? Lets see- Hailey has been sick since Sunday. Poor thing has had a fever for what seems like forever. She has been absent from school all week and finally they had an opening at the Doctors today.

Lets back up though and start with Monday. Here is a little background- I haven't been receiving child support from the boys' father since October. That is $529 a month we are not getting. Nothing new though, since he is actually $18,000 behind from the first few years after our divorce. In January I spoke with my case worker through the State and she let me know that his drivers license was to be suspended that month for failure of payment. He also has a case open from another child he had brought into the world 5 years ago. None of this matters to him. He was quoted, "I quit because I am sick of paying child support." In today's economy who quits a job that brings home $15.00 an hour? Anyhow, Monday I received 3 letters from the State.

  • 1st- A letter stating that a court date has been scheduled for March 18th for the drivers license suspension. They would like me to appear because my testimony would be helpful.
  • 2nd- An order to modify child support brought forth by the other party.
  • 3rd- A letter requesting a list of transactions that he may have paid me directly.
Wonderful! I am in Arizona, how will I testify when the hearing is in Nevada? Luckily, the case worker said I can testify over the phone. Number 1....solved.

The second gripe on this list royally PISSES me off! He did this because he is not working (by choice). He wants to X out his payment. Well, the minimum he would have to pay is $100 per child, but it is not my fault that he wants to be a 32 year old child and live with and off of his mother. They want to know all sorts of my financial status. Luckily with this I have found a few ways (which I won't say here) that will make him wish he never had the State look into the support order.

Now, on to Tuesday. Everything was looking good. Went to file taxes which is like Christmas. Happy, happy day!

Now today rolls around. I have an appointment at the Doctor to take Hailey in. On my way, I was on a major street here and entered the turn lane to turn left at a green light. The guy next to me (had to be pushing 80) was straddling the line, part of his car was in my lane. I checked to make sure there wasn't any oncoming traffic and after it was cleared straddled my lane to miss taking out his fender. Wouldn't you know it.... I look into my mirror and see that an unmarked police car had been behind me and turned on his lights. I pulled off into the commissary parking lot and at this point am SHAKING. I HAVE never, I repeat NEVER have been pulled over in my LIFE!! I look for the registration/insurance which of course I can't find. He takes what feels like an hour to get out of the car and come up to my window.

"License, registration and insurance please." I hand him my license as I tremble. "Do you know what you did wrong?" he asks. "Yes, I was trying to turn left and that other car....." and before I can finish he says, "Straddling the lane." Yes, yes, YES!!!!! My voice starts to give out as I tell him that I have never been pulled over before. I decide this is not the right time to cry. I tell him this is my husbands car and I cannot find my reg/ins. He goes back to his car while I continue to look. Thank you Lord, he gave me a warning but still..... it ruins my clean record.

Next on to Hailey. The Doctor looked in her throat and thinks it is Strep. She took a culture and put her on antibiotics just in case. If she is + I have to go in to be tested because of my heart defect. Hopefully she will begin to feel better!

On to my final rant (lets hope). I just got a phone call from H&R Block. The IRS denied our return because Elijah's social does not match his date of birth. WTH?!?! I call S.S. and their info is correct. She said that sometimes the IRS makes the mistake because they share systems w/ S.S. . I dunno what the issue is. John is on the phone with the IRS as we speak. He just said that the people at IRS said that their info is correct also. Do I have to bang my head on a wall yet?

I am so fed up with everything right now. It seems like anything that can go wrong, does. I could really go for a beer, but lately don't even like the taste of that. I had 1/2 of a beer during the Super Bowl and couldn't even finish it.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Diana. Sounds like a rough time! I'm here if you need to vent, and I hope the crap with H&R blocks gets fixed, and quickly! You deserve a break! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete