Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow Day!!!!

This morning we awoke to an unusual sight here in Southern Arizona.....SNOW!!! There can't be more then an inch but regardless they canceled school. First thing this morning the kids went out to play. Elijah's reaction was shock mixed in with a dash of excitement and a sprinkle of bewilderment. When the cold air would pass by his face and he would take a deep breath and shiver. I don't know if he actually noticed the snow and the difference between color and texture. I think he was mainly in shock.

It amazes me the Arizona can go into a State of Emergency practically for a dusting of powder! I really only can remember a few times School was closed for me growing up. It literally had to be a few feet before they would make that choice.

So by 8 am the kids had eaten breakfast, played outside, came in for a cup of hot chocolate, and then back out side.

















2 comments:

  1. They are all so cute! Thats pretty neat that you got snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats funny they closed school!! All I keep thinking is what a bunch of weenies ;)

    ReplyDelete