Monday, February 2, 2009

My review/rant of the Super Bowl

Ya know, I am really offended by the unnecessary sexual innuendo in the Super Bowl commercials last night! Come on! Kids are watching!!! Remember the big upheaval about Janet Jackson exposing her breast? I think the Dorritos commercial went WAY TOO far!

We as a family were having a nice time watching the game. I made hors d'oeuvres (yes, that is spelled right... I googled it!! lol) for the kids and we all had a nice little family party. Then came Dorritos and showing the girl in her lingerie. Moses became uncomfortable and covered his face in the couch pretending he didn't see it. I have never been one to boycott stuff but I am seriously considering it this time! Or at least writing a letter!

What are your thoughts? I can understand and expect it from GoDaddy so am prepared to change the channel, but chips???? COME ON!! Even John (who likes naked women ;) ) was mad! lol

There was also one with some chick in the shower. I cringed the whole time and could tell my oldest was getting uncomfortable too. It turned out not being as bad as I was expecting it to be but still! I know that sex sells, but sell it after the kids' bed time!

I **think ** the shower one was for GoDaddy but not sure. What ever happened to the good 'ol commercials with frogs and funny but kid friendly stuff? If I wanted my kids to see the latest underwear trend we would watch the Victoria Secret Bowl, thank-you-very-much!

Then came the half time show with Bruce Springstein. I didn't see the crotch shot because I had stepped into the kitchen, but Moses saw it! He came running in and says, "Mom! That guy slid into the camera!!"

Have you noticed that after the breast debacle all of the half time shows have been boring old people (I apologize in advance to anyone older then me :) )? They used to mix it up with a handful of celebrities to suit everyone's taste. John was saying that they will now have to nix the old performers after this penile performance! Ha!

I also was appalled by the Cardinals. That play where they had a touch down so close they could taste it and then the Steelers took it out from under their grip really made me sick! I am not one who knows an ounce in regards to football but I knew well enough to see what a terrible play that was. I was rooting for AZ, heck... I live here!

Maybe I am getting old and not realizing it. Maybe it is this stupid cold that has taken me under its wing. Who knows-

P.S. I have a fever of 101 which is unusual for me! This sure is a nasty illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment